28mm Worktops, Huge savings on 28mm Kitchen Worktops UK, Nationwide Template & Fit. Warranty, Instant Online Quote, Huge Colour Range. Leading UK Supplier
Why choose a 28mm worktop?
Today, worktops come in many different thicknesses so it can be confusing to know which thickness to choose. A shallow depth of 20mm will give you a thin, ultra-modern worktop whilst a 30mm worktop delivers a standard thickness. What then is the purpose of a 28mm worktop?
For many homeowners, a 20mm worktop is too thin. We want a beautiful aesthetic yet we also want value and a kitchen worktop that suits its purpose. With a 28mm worktop, you can get both.
It’s thinner than a standard 30mm worktop for a unique, stylish look that’s different from every day. Yet it’s also highly functional and enjoyable to use. Let’s take a closer look at the pros and cons of a 28mm worktop.
Why choose a 28mm worktop?
- Quartz worktops: Quartz worktops are manufactured from natural quartz using intense compression so it’s easy for manufacturers to produce thinner 20mm and 28mm quartz worktops without diminishing the strength of the worktop.
As a result, you’ll find a huge choice of thin worktops in highly desirable quartz. Quartz worktops are revered for their robustness, stunning appearance and high resistance to stains, spills, scratches and heat so it’s simple to find a slimline quartz worktop for your kitchen.
- Economical: A thinner worktop uses less material that means a lighter product that’s easier to move, quicker to produce and cheaper to buy. Slimline worktops are cheaper and their thin design means they fit more easily into your home, particularly if you have awkward protruding features or an unusual layout.
- Stylish: Kitchens are all about style. Modern trends for slick, fluid surfaces make slim worktops perfect for the contemporary home. A slimline worktop will draw attention to your cabinets and melt seamlessly into the units enhancing the minimal, clean, high end look you want to achieve.
- Availability: 30mm worktops and 20mm worktops are far more common than 28mm worktops. That means when you’re shopping around for a 28mm worktop you’ll have fewer options for colours and styles. Additionally, because your choice of worktop is in less demand the price of the worktop will need to reflect lower sales.
- Granite: Granite worktops can be found in different thicknesses however 30mm is the most common depth. 20mm and 28mm granite worktops are less common because some types of granite will be compromised if you try to reduce their depth to 20mm – this is not the case for all granite worktops.
You can get some granite kitchen worktops in 20mm depths because granite countertops are fashioned straight from slabs of granite stone taken from deep in the ground. There are many different types of granite stone so some are suitable for a 20mm worktop and others aren’t.
From 28m worktops to 20mm and 30mm worktops, browse our huge range of premium quartz and granite worktops in a variety of thicknesses today. With our fast and efficient, tailored end to end service you can have your bespoke kitchen worktop installed within 5 days.
For the finest quality quartz and granite worktops at lower prices than national retailers, shop our enormous collection of quartz and granite worktops today or call 01924 903949.
Do you sell directly to the public?
Yes, we supply all kinds of worktops including both 20,28 & 30mm worktops. By doing so we can ensure you get the best service and price. By cutting out the middleman and passing the savings on to you.
What must I have on site when you arrive to do the templating?
Before the survey you need to ensure all cabinets are level, have sufficient braces and are secure firmly to the wall. Make sure you know the final location of the sinks, hobs, taps and any other fittings required and have these available on site. Please ensure after the survey cabinets are not moved as the measurements taken during the survey are crucial for a perfect worktop installation. Any changes after the survey will cause significant delays and incur extra charges.
Can we plaster the walls after you have templated?
No, this needs to be done before the templating. Tiling should be done after the 20, 28 & 30mm worktops are installed.
How long from the templating will it take to fit my worktops?
We normally delivery and fit worktops within 4-10 working days from the survey. (7 day from sale to fit on certain occasions, call for details)
How accurate is an online quote?
The price calculated using the online guide price, which will only change if and when we come out to template, the measurements and your requirements change from the original quote online.
Blogs / Inspiration and Advice for 28mm Worktops
Reviews on 28mm Worktops
28mm Worktops Available